Sunday, January 11, 2015

Super fit weekend!

So yesterday, Molly (my twin) and I tried out some new workouts. Its funny how I hardly ever worked out in my early twenties, but I have been more into fitness and trying new things for the last few years.

Currently I'm a member at Composite Crossfit  and yesterday they had a bring-a-friend-day to a special 8 am workout. We started with group stretching and then some basic warm ups like push ups, lunges, sit ups, etc. Then we did a group workout routine, for 8 minutes, of as many rounds as possible to 6 burpees, 12 box jumps and then 12 kettlebell swings. So a burpee is a hellish thing of jumping up then getting down to the ground, laying on your stomach, then jumping back to your feet and then jumping again. Burpees = hell. Box jumping sounds easy, but its such a psychological thing, if anything. I'm not into jumping, unless its to avoid a spider or other bug. When then ended the workout with doing squats for 2 minutes. So its safe to say that my rear is in some pain today.

So you would think that after doing crossfit for an hour already, we would be done right? Wrong! We took advantage of a livingsocial.com deal for pole dancing classes. Thats right, you saw that, Molly and I are looking for a new line of work. (just kidding) Actually pole dancing is a great workout and studios are opening up all over the country.

Divine Movement Dance, in Kirkland, was comfortable with a relaxed atmosphere. The instructor Susan started the hour and 45 minute class with a group warm up. The room was dimmed and we all sat and stretched to some fun music. Then we got into learning how to do sexy walks, stands and then finally do a "fireman" pole swing. The small class of 11 woman was always smiling and laughing, while we were learning how to be more sexy.

I highly recommend this type of work out. It was never boring, fun and interesting.

So today, Molly and I are super sore, but hey it was all in the name of fitness, right? At least thats what I'll keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment