Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I may have a canning problem....

 Soooooo, I've been doing my fair share of canning lately, to say the least. From earlier posts you can see that I even tried pickling a few things. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm excited to tell you about it, when I do.

Today I canned some blackberry syrup and an apricot-lavender jam. I'll write those posts up soon and share them with you. The blackberry syrup was made with wild blackberries from my neighborhood and was fantastic on ice cream! I can't wait to try it in some fancy cocktails or iced tea.


If you follow me on instagram, you would know I've been homebrewing a lot as well. I'm ramping up on my entries for the Evergreen Fair and Washington State Fair. Fingers-crossed I'll win a ribbon! I've made a extra pale ale, a cherry ale (with 10 pounds of fresh bing cherries) and a pumpkin porter. I'm also planning on entering some jams and jellies, so I'm trying some new flavor combinations for that as well. Hope you all are having a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment