Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Spring is in the air!

Sorry, I've been missing-in-action. My husband and I went to Southern California to attend a wedding and visit friends and family. My wonderful roommates watered my garden while I was away and I'm pleased to say that I some tiny sprouts coming up! So cool. I do have to report that the starter plants, that I planted in February, didn't survive the transplant. Boo. I think that they didn't get enough sun,while in the house. Thats ok, thats what Fred Meyer Garden Center is for.

I bought some starter tomato, jalapeno, green bell peppers and some herb starter plants and two weeks later, they are doing great. I've read that buying starter tomato plants is the way to go, so we'll how many tomatoes I'll end up with.

I've been planting carrots and lettuce two weeks apart, so I should have a continuous crop through the summer. I'll keep you all posted.

Tomato plants in containers.

Pea sprouts

Some starter marigolds and bell peppers

Garden bed #2

Little beet sprouts

Herb Garden

Jalapeno starter plant


No comments:

Post a Comment