Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wax on, wax off

So my blogging is going to be put on hold for a bit while my husband and I are moving to our new house. After getting a quote for interior house painters, I scoffed at the price and said, "We can paint and save ourselves a bucket of cash!"

Four days later and there is no end in sight for my painting career. We did buy high quality paint, but the previous owners liked some interesting colors and everything needs two coats. So annoying. I guess their little girls really liked pink roses and Barney colored purple bedrooms. Yuck.

Now I know how the karate kid felt when he had to paint all of those fences.

I guess if there's a silver lining, is that the carpet is going to be replaced next week, so I can drip all the paint I want on the floor, since its going bye-bye anyway.

Today I'm going to start painting the kitchen and finish one of the bathrooms. I'm thinking of a rusty red, or something for the kitchen. Its pretty blah, so it needs some color. I prepped the walls yesterday and pulled out the fridge to clean behind it. That was scary....

After the walls and carpet are down, I can start working on my garden and start cooking again. My husband said I need to lay off the cookies and sweets for a bit. Says he can't have it around him. Fair enough.

So, hopefully I'll have some before and after pictures of the work in progress soon. TTFN- ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment