Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year, New Promises

Hello!!!


Hey everyone! I'm going to try and post regularly about my adventures in cooking, traveling, etc. My twin sister recently moved to Seattle, so now my husband and I have a new adventure buddy :)

I had a cooking adventure day recently and I made pumpkin ice cream, pulled pork with spicy chutney and leek potato soup. The pulled pork was insane! I just browned all sides of a 16 pound pork shoulder, in a dutch oven. Then I added a cup of water and a jar of homemade chutney I made with my husband's cousin last year. I covered the pork with the lid and placed it in a 350 degree oven for 3 hours. I turned off the oven and let the pork shoulder cool in the oven. I then took the dutch oven and skimmed the fat off the top. Then just using a fork, I broke up the pork and mixed it with the juices and chutney. So easy!

I might be moving soon, so I'm trying to use up what I have in my cupboards. Today I baked a pumpkin bundt cake mix I got at Williams Sonoma. After the cake cooled, I made a quick vanilla frosting and poured it over the cake. YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment